Nachrichten

New Video Series on Higher Education’s Efforts to Go Green

Arnold Creek Productions, Inc. has launched a Web site showcasing colleges and universities across the U.S. that are integrating sustainability within their missions and operations. “A New Course for Higher Education” is the series title. It’s a collection of free Web-viewable videos and accompanying descriptive content that cover accomplishments in areas such as leadership, energy, buildings, recycling, transportation, curriculum and food. Links direct the viewer to each institution’s Web site for further information based on the chapter’s subject.

There are over 16 million students enrolled at over 4,000 institutions across the country and higher education is a $300-plus billion industry. This results in enormous environmental, economic, social and health impacts for the industry. Colleges are universities are owning up to their position as role models for students, as well as realizing that being green saves operational costs, reduces their environmental footprint, improves community relations and offers an emerging competitive advantage in the educational marketplace.

“Higher education has become a powerful force in the sustainability movement,” says Doug Freeman, co-producer. “Colleges and universities are eager to share their stories and lessons learned in addressing a range of issues surrounding sustainability. But that communication has been limited to conferences, newsletters and Web sites. Due to our commitment to support sustainability in higher education, we felt compelled to serve as a conduit for this information as a way to help inspire more institutions to go green.”

Currently, the introduction, leadership and recycling chapters are posted. Freeman says that new chapters will be added every week or so. Content beyond the initial series is already being planned. This includes in-depth stories about specific campus projects and insights from leaders of national organizations serving higher education. Freeman and his partner, Dave Decker, say that this Web site may springboard into a feature length video.

To learn more about A New Course for Higher Education visit ACP Higher Education.

About Arnold Creek Productions, Inc.
Arnold Creek Productions, Inc. produces award-winning educational videos on sustainability and health. Their Web site offers a large collection of free video shorts featuring some of the nation’s top business, government and social leaders speaking about sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Their DVDs, “Architecture to Zucchini: The people, companies and organizations pioneering sustainability” and “Good Food, Good Business” are used by over 150 colleges and universities in 14 countries. Information about all of the company’s videos is available at Arnold Creek Productions.

For more information please contact:

Doug Freeman, Producer-Writer
Arnold Creek Productions, Inc.
PO Box 2402
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
(503) 246-2439 voice
df@arnoldcreekproductions.com

Werden Sie Mitglied im UVG e.V. und gestalten Sie den Nachhaltigkeitsdialog mit. > Die Infos
DSGVO Cookie Consent mit Real Cookie Banner