Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel, June 15 to 17, 2009
Call for Papers
Conflicts in the World of Business Ethics
Aim of the Research Conference
Contributions are invited from a wide range of academic and practical perspectives from different fields of business ethics research. Possible topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Types of Conflicts (e.g. conflicts between stakeholders; conflicts in multinational or multicultural business; conflicts between law and ethics).
- Causes and reasons of Conflicts (e.g. conflicts as a result of competition; conflicts as result of hierarchy and culture; conflicts as a result of commitments and obligations).
- Dealing with conflicts and methods for conflict resolution.
- Virtue ethics and conflict-resolution in business and management
- Conflicts between different values (e.g. ethics and profit; ethics and loyalty; ethics and social groups, gender, minorities, migrants)
- Conflicts between professional codes and organizational norms inside the organization or with other organizations.
Academics and practitioners interested in responding to the need to investigate the conflicts in the world of business ethics are invited to submit proposals for papers or work in progress. Papers that respond to the topics indicated or other topics related to the theme of the conference are particularly sought.
The official language of the conference is English.
Proposals should be sent in Word of RTF format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than February 15, 2009. Participants are asked to provide a detailed abstract of their planned presentation (about 500 words) accompanied by a short biographical note (100 words) and full mailing and e-mail addresses. Notification of acceptance for presentation will be given by March 31, 2009. Further information, programme and practical information, will be posted on the following website: http://www.eben-net.org/