(New York) – The UN Global Compact Office and the Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (PRI) launched a new phase of the Business and Peace initiative. The UN Global Compact Office and PRI are encouraging and supporting companies to implement the “Guidance on Responsible Business in Conflict-Affected and High Risk Areas: A Resource for Companies & Investors” (Guidance) which was launched in June 2010.
The Guidance aims to assist companies in implementing responsible business practices in conflict-affected and high-risk areas consistent with the Global Compact Ten Principles. The focus is to provide a common reference point for constructive dialogue between companies and investors on what constitutes responsible business practices in difficult operating environments. This voluntary guidance is designed to stimulate learning and dialogue and to promote collective action and innovative partnerships through Global Compact Local Networks and other initiatives.
With the objective of advancing this agenda, in 2011 the Global Compact and PRI will:
- Promote understanding of the Guidance among key actors at the global and local level in collaboration with Global Compact Local Networks
- Support company efforts to implement the Guidance through the Pilot Project
- Support investors in their efforts to use the Guidance as a reference in individual and collaborative engagements with companies.
- Develop, document and share challenges and lessons learned.
Today, over 70 representatives from business, investment and Global Compact Local Network participated in a webinar to receive practical insight on the Guidance and a Pilot Project to test its operational relevance.
- Information regarding the Pilot Project
- Webinar Presentation
- Guidance on Responsible Business in Conflict-Affected and High Risk Areas: A Resource for Companies & Investors English | 中文
UN Global Compact
UN Global Compact